Here’s a fun Vegan Recipe to try with the kids.
What you will need:
-2 cups unbleached flour
-2 tsps baking powder
-1/2 tsp salt
-1 tsp cinnamon
-3/4 cup vegan choc. Chips
-3/4 cup raw sugar
-1/2 cup canola/vegetable oil
-1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
-1/2 cup replacement milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, salt, chocolate chips, and cinnamon.
- Make a “well” in the center of the dry ingredients and put aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix sugar, canola oil, extract, and milk replacement. Add more milk for more cake-like texture.
- Pour wet ingredients into center of well in dry ingredients; mix well, but do not overwork dough.
- Spoon onto baking sheet. Bake 5 minutes. Rotate pan 180 degrees, bake additional 4 minutes.